Header & profile photo by www.rawphotodesign.com

Friday, January 21, 2011

Knowing Me, Knowing you….


Is it bad to start off your first blog post with a lyric from an Abba song? 

This is me.  Random quote rambling (albeit music or movies, I am full of them), disorganized and ready to drop the hammer on the blogging world.  I am a mother, a makeup artist, a singer.  Three very different, amazing things that shape my life & make it…Pretty.Rockin!  (Ok, shameless plug, but I like the name)  I mean it combines two things I love: makeup & music!

As you can tell, I have not been on a first date in a long time.  That’s what this really is, isn’t it?  We are going to go out, have a bite & a few drinks & you are going to decide if you want to continue seeing me.  Sure, I am going to pull out all the stops.  New outfit & fabulous makeup (that goes without saying) and a great push-up bra!  I’m a wicked good time, really!  (Can’t you just hear my Boston accent?)

I’m hoping to make a good first impression.  I am still trying to figure out where this blog will take me.  I mean, can I talk about my job, my life, my kids..blah, blah ..blah. 

So to you, I make a promise:

I, do solemnly swear to:
1.    Share total random nuggets, factoids if you will, about life, love & whatever my total, ADD ridden mind thinks of.
2.    Share lots Beauty Tips  (Whether it be a product review, tip, trick or just something to make you feel better about yourself)
3.    Find different ways to make you want to keep reading what I have to say.  After all, that is the point of this right?
4.    I will make you laugh, smile or chuckle warmly at least once a day.  Smiling is good..
5.    Listen to what you want to hear me write about.  So tell me, comment or post what interests YOU!

So, I think this was a pretty good first date.  We had great chemistry.  I did most of the talking, but women love to talk about themselves, so that worked out well.  You have my number.  Now I am a going to say goodbye & go reflect on all the witty things I should have said, but didn’t.  Then take a long look in the mirror and see… DAMN!  I had food in my teeth this whole time?

This is me.  I’m not perfect.  No expert.  

Wanna go out again?

3 comments:

  1. This is great!! I will totally follow your blog :o) I need all the beauty tip help I can get :o) You did wonders for me on my wedding day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sue!!! I love your blog, I can't want to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WERE great!! Should I send you flowers today?? ;-) ~ Joey

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.. Thoughts? Comments? Future Blog Topics? Go ahead, don't be shy!